The Fundamentals of Creative Photography
The Fundamentals of Creative Photography offers a comprehensive introduction to the world of applied creative photography. It explores the basic principles that underpin the discipline, and guides the reader though the practical considerations involved in executing the perfect shot.
The book is concerned with photography in a professional context – images that are to be used in the fulfilment of a brief, rather than those created solely for self-expression. Creativity is important, but must be focused on meeting the client’s needs.
This title gives a unique insight into professional working practices in the creative imaging industries. It includes guidance on acquiring and developing new skills, the practice of self-promotion and self-administration, and a discussion of the image workflow. It is an ideal introductory text for anyone looking to enter the industry, or for those studying professional practice modules within a lens-based visual arts course.
* Explores the basic principles that underpin photography, and guides the student though the practical considerations involved in executing shots.
* Deals in practical advice for photographers as working image-makers, from the importance of communication to useful industry information and advice.
* Accompanied by a wide range of case studies and examples of work from contemporary photography.
* The discipline-specific titles in our Fundamentals range are aimed at students embarking on further education and offer a thorough grounding in the subject.
* This book provides students with a comprehensive discussion of basic photographic theory and practice, as well as practical advice on operating as a professional photographer. It is ideal for those studying professional practice modules within a lens-based visual arts course.
Publisher: ava Books
Size: 230 x 200 mm
208 pages, 200 duotones
Usually dispatched within 10 working days